Gathering of Personally Identifying Information
Visitors may choose to interact with the 6200 Productions website in ways that require the 6200 Productions website to gather personally identifying information: for example, posting a comment or submitting an inquiry via the Contact Form. The amount and type of information that the site gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, 6200 Productions collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with this website. 6200 Productions does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described in Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information below.
Visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities (such as commenting or using the contact form).
(Note: Portions of this section were adapted from language previously suggested and/or required by Google Inc. for users of their web analytics service.)
Please note that Google Analytics does not transmit your IP address or other personal information to us except in the form of anonymous, aggregate statistics. For example, Google Analytics tells us what percentage of our visitors come from a particular country and what percentage use a particular type of browser, not what country a specific visitor comes from.
Our purpose in collecting this type of aggregate, anonymous user information is to better understand how many visitors the website has and how they use the site (for example, to determine which articles are the most popular). We may use this aggregate data for the purpose of selling advertising on the site (for example, to inform potential advertisers how many unique visitors the site has in an average month) or to help us identify and diagnose potential performance issues and technical problems (for example, to troubleshoot a technical issue that affects only one specific type of browser).
6200 Productions does not use this analytics service or the data it gathers to personally identify our visitors, nor do we link or associate such information with personally identifying or potentially personally identifying information. Furthermore, we have configured Google Analytics to partially anonymize visitors’ locations by removing the final octet of each IP address.
6200 Productions has not authorized Google to share Google Analytics data with other Google products or services, although Google may access, use, or transfer the data to third parties for troubleshooting or service-improvement purposes or for legal reasons. You can learn more about how Google uses the information collected by the Google Analytics service at this link: “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
Google offers an add-on for many common web browsers that allows you to opt out of transmitting information to the Google Analytics service. You can find the add-on at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. (Please note that we take no responsibility for the functionality of this tool or any other tools provided by Google.)
Server and Error Logs
Like most websites, the 6200 Productions site and our web host (which is located in the United States) maintain various logs that collect certain information (such as, but necessarily not limited to, the IP address; the user agent information supplied by the browser, which typically includes the browser type/version and operating system; and in some cases the referring site, if any) about each computer or device that accesses the site; that generates an error (such as attempting to access a nonexistent file); or that attempts to interact with the site in any unusual or suspicious way (such as trying to access the site’s administrative area or run an unauthorized script). These logs are part of the routine operation of the website and its host and are not in any way connected to or associated with the Google Analytics service or data described above.
We may use the information in these logs to troubleshoot technical problems such as bad internal links; to improve the functionality of the site; to block spam and hotlinking or other unauthorized use of 6200 Productions images or other content; and/or to prevent or resist electronic attacks or intrusion attempts (which may involve our temporarily or permanently blocking certain IP addresses). However, we do not release the log data except as described in Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information below.
Reports and Aggregated Statistics
From time to time, 6200 Productions may release aggregated, non-personally identifying information about users of the website. For example, we may publish a report on trends in the usage of the website such as total page views, the average number of unique visitors per month, the most popular pages on the site, or the average time visitors spend on the site. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others (including potential advertisers). However, such reports will not contain any personally identifying information on 6200 Productions visitors. 6200 Productions does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described in Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information below.
Certain content on this website is hosted on and served by third parties:
The 6200 Productions website may use fonts from the Google Fonts API, which is a set of web fonts hosted on a remote server owned by Google Inc. (and located in the United States). The Google Fonts service does not place cookies on your computer, but may record certain information about your computer when you visit a page that uses one or more of those fonts. Click here to learn more about what information Google collects and how they use it. 6200 Productions does not collect or receive any user data related to these fonts and we accept no responsibility for Google’s collection or use of that information.
Certain elements of the site (such as fonts, styles, scripts, or icons) may be served by BootstrapCDN, a service of MaxCDN. Each time you access a portion of the site that includes such elements, BootstrapCDN records certain information about your computer or device, including the IP address, geographical location (determined based on the IP address), and your browser’s user agent information (which typically includes your operating system and browser type/version). We do not receive or have access to that information, but BootstrapCDN may retain it for security, troubleshooting, and/or service improvement purposes. If you have questions about how BootstrapCDN or MaxCDN uses this information, please contact them directly.
From time to time, we may post embedded content hosted and served by a third-party website — for example, an embedded player or display window showing images, videos, or audio files hosted on an external hosting website. Such embedded content may place cookies on your computer or device, incorporate so-called “tracking pixels” or “pixel tags” (small image files that allow the hosting site to track when a webpage containing that image is loaded), and/or include other mechanisms that allow the hosting site to gather certain information about you. For example, an embedded video player may read your Internet Protocol (IP) address to determine if you are permitted to view a particular video in your country or region.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
6200 Productions currently does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings. However, this website uses WP DoNotTrack, a WordPress plugin developed by Frank Goossens and Optimizing Matters, that is intended to limit third-party tracking on the site. (See the WP DoNotTrack website for more information.)
The WP DoNotTrack plugin does not affect the gathering of data through the server or error logs or through the Google Fonts API, Google Analytics, or other embedded content as described above.
Users may also wish to consider the following products, which allow you to limit the collection of data about you by a broad range of web analytics and online advertising services:
- Blur (formerly DoNotTrackMe), a service provided by the privacy firm Abine, Inc., which you can find at http://www.abine.com. Please note that Abine charges a fee for some versions of this product.
- Ghostery®, a free browser extension offered by Ghostery, Inc. See http://www.ghostery.com for more information.
These products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. We are not affiliated with either Abine or Ghostery and take no responsibility for the functionality of their products.
If you post a comment on 6200 Productions, the 6200 Productions website will record the username and email address you provide along with certain information about your browser, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address. A copy of your comment, along with your screen name, the email address you provided, and your IP address, will be automatically emailed to the site administrator.
If you set your comment to notify you of replies, the website will automatically email you each time a reply is posted. If you no longer wish to receive replies, you may (1) delete your original comment (reposting it without the notification, if you wish) or (2) leave a comment or send the site administrator an email (at admin (at) 6200productions (dot) com) or a message via the Contact Form asking to stop receiving such notifications.
You may delete your comment by using the Delete button or contacting us via email (admin (at) 6200productions (dot) com) or the Contact Form and asking us to delete the comment. Please note that it may take several days to respond to such a request.
If a comment is deleted from the website, archival copies of the content and related information may be retained in backup files made by us or our web host. However, we will not release or disclose that information except as describe in Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information below.
If you contact us via the Contact Form, the 6200 Productions website will automatically record the information you enter into the form (including your name and contact email address) as well as the date and time of your submission and certain information about your browser, including your IP address. A copy of this information will then be automatically emailed to the site administrator.
6200 Productions may record and use the personally identifiable or potentially personally identifiable information associated with your contact form submission (including the IP address, email address, and browser information) to respond to your inquiry or comments; verify that you are a human being and not a “spambot” or other automated system; troubleshoot technical problems; prevent spam, abuse, fraud, or electronic attacks; and ensure accurate records of any related business transactions. This information may also be stored in archives and backup files created by us or our web host. However, we will not release personally identifying information associated with your message or submission except as described in Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information below.
When you press the “submit” button on the Contact Form, our system will automatically send an email acknowledgment, including a copy of your message or submission, to the email address you provided. If you do not wish to receive future email messages from us, you may contact us via email (the simplest way is to reply to the notification email and type the word “REMOVE” in the subject line of your reply) or via a comment (although see the note above regarding comment notifications).
Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information
6200 Productions discloses personally identifying information (or information that may potentially be personally identifying) only:
- To our contractors, service providers, business partners, and affiliated organizations that (a) need to know that information in order to process it on 6200 Productions’ behalf, support 6200 Productions’ business operations (e.g., our accountant, tax preparer, and/or legal counsel), or to provide services available on the 6200 Productions website, and (b) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. (Some of those contractors, service providers, business partners, and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using this website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.) And/or:
- Where we are required by law to do so (e.g., in response to a subpoena or other court order or government order), and/or:
- If 6200 Productions believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property, rights, or safety of 6200 Productions, third parties, or the public at large, and/or:
- If we have received your express authorization to do so.
6200 Productions will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information to anyone.
If you send us a request or general inquiry via the Contact Form or a comment, 6200 Productions reserves the right to publish your inquiry or excerpts of it on the website in order to help us respond to your request or assist other users who may have similar concerns. However, 6200 Productions will not publish or release personally identifying information associated with your message or comment (such as your email address) without your explicit consent or under the circumstances described in the previous paragraph.
6200 Productions takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information.
Notice to Parents Regarding Children Under 13
6200 Productions is not intended for and should not be accessed by children under 13. In the event we know or reasonably suspect that personally identifiable information we have received (for example, a comment or Contact Form submission) is from such a child, we will, except as otherwise required by law, take all reasonable and appropriate measures to promptly delete such information and all copies thereof from our records and databases without using or disclosing the information in any way. If you have questions regarding our collection or use of such information, please contact us via one of the methods described in the following section.
If you have questions about this policy or our use of personal information, please contact Aaron Severson, the proprietor of the website, at admin (at) 6200productions (dot) com or via the Contact Form. You can also contact us by mail at 11100 National Bl. #3, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
If 6200 Productions sells all or substantially all of its assets, or goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of 6200 Productions or its assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- February 11, 2016: Corrections to recent revisions list. Added note to Comment Form section: “This information may also be stored in archives and backup files created by us or our web host.”
- January 13, 2016: Added note to preamble clarifying that variations in text style have no legal significance.
- January 8, 2016: In Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information, changed “contractors, business partners, and affiliated organizations …” –> “contractors, service providers, business partners, and affiliated organizations …” and “Some of those contractors and affiliated organizations may be located … –> “Some of those contractors, service providers, business partners, and affiliated organizations may be located …”
- January 7, 2016: Added BootstrapCDN info to Embedded Content section. Updated Server and Error Logs: “(such as, but not limited to, the IP address and in some cases the browser type and referring site, if any)” –> “(such as, but necessarily not limited to, the IP address; the user agent information supplied by the browser, which typically includes the browser type/version and operating system; and in some cases the referring site, if any)” and added “to improve the functionality of the site” to the list of uses.
- January 6, 2016: Clarified previous revision information. ETA: Slight rewording of Google Analytics information (“and the date and time of each visit” –> “and the date, time, and length of each visit”). Moved the link to the Google Analytics opt-out plugin from the Opting Out section to the Online Tracking section and amended Opting Out text accordingly. Amended Server and Error Logs: “such as the IP address” –> “such as, but not limited to,”. ETA: In Embedded Content section, changed “6200 Productions does not collect, receive, or have access to any user data related to these fonts” –> “6200 Productions does not collect or receive any user data related to these fonts” and changed “to learn more about how Google uses this information” –> “to learn more about what information Google collects and how they use it”. Struck the word “layout” in that paragraph.
- January 2, 2016: Clarified Comments section to note that we will assume you are authorizing us to publish any information you include in a comment you post (ETA: including the name/screen name you supply). (This really should be obvious, but we note it here for the avoidance of doubt.)
- December 31, 2015: Editorial corrections.
- December 29, 2015: Editorial corrections. Clarified that this entire policy is available under CC BY-SA 4.0 and clarified licensing language. Amended Contact Form policy: “we will not release your personally identifying information …” –> “we will not release personally identifying information associated with your message or submission …” Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information: “will not publish or release personally identifying information …” –> ” will not publish or release personally identifying information associated with your message or comment …
- December 28, 2015: Added note about Automattic revision history; editorial corrections. Clarified licensing language
- December 25, 2015: Editorial correction.
- December 24, 2015: Added link to Automattic Inc. main site. Reworded Server and Error Log language: “As part of their normal operations, 6200 Productions’ web host (which is located in the United States) and the security systems of this website automatically generate access and error logs” –> “Like most websites, the 6200 Productions site and our web host (which is located in the United States) maintain various logs”.
- December 23, 2015: Minor change in Server and Error Log: “to block spam and unauthorized “hotlinking” to … –> “to block spam and hotlinking or other unauthorized use of …” Editorial corrections.
- December 22, 2015: Editorial and formatting changes; added more detailed recent revision list. Clarified licensing language.
- December 21, 2015: Minor editorial changes. Clarified licensing language.
- December 19, 2015: Clarified language regarding use of information related to comments and form submissions. Updated language clarifying that log information may be used to prevent hotlinking and/or electronic attacks.
- December 16, 2015: Updated language regarding use of personally identifiable information related to comments and form submissions.
- December 10, 2015: Clarified that Google Fonts servers are located in the U.S. Added credits to note about WP DoNotTrack.
- December 9, 2015: Clarified Server and Error log information. Editorial changes, including rearranging some sections. Editorial and formatting changes.
- October 23, 2015: Added “and/or” to Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information stipulations.
- October 10, 2015: Editorial and formatting changes. Clarified Online Tracking section and noted that Google Analytics servers are located in the U.S.
- August 24, 2015: Added Server and Error Logs information; editorial changes. Changed “court order” to “court order or other government order” in Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information. Added bankruptcy to Ownership Transfers. Updated license from BY-SA 2.5 to 4.0.
Please contact us if you need information on earlier revisions.