Note: Portions of these terms were adapted from the Automattic Inc. Terms of Service for WordPress.com (primarily the version dated 30 June 2015, with some elements of later versions) under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. This policy (including both our adaptation of the Automattic terms and our preexisting terms and language as well as our subsequent updates) is offered under the same license. If you elect to use or further adapt our version, please credit Automattic Inc. as well as us. We also strongly recommend that you note the Effective Date shown toward the bottom of this page and include that date in your attribution if it is reasonably practical to do so. (For a full modification history of the Automattic terms, see the Automattic change log.)
INTENDED USERS; AGE RESTRICTIONS
The 6200 Productions website is not intended for or directed to children. If you are younger than 18, you may not use the site. If we know or reasonably suspect that a comment or other information we receive through or in connection with this website is from an individual under the age of 18, it is our policy to, except as otherwise required by law, promptly delete that comment or information without responding to it and, to the extent reasonably possible, delete or de-identify any associated personally identifying information.
Except as otherwise required by law, privacy-related requests or questions pertaining to children under 18 should be submitted by a parent, legal guardian, or other authorized adult representative.
The 6200 Productions website or certain portions thereof may use Google APIs or content served via those APIs (such as Google Fonts and/or Google Hosted Libraries). You agree that your use of the site and such content will be in accordance with the Google APIs Terms of Service and applicable law.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The 6200 Productions website and its contents are presented “as is.” Except as otherwise required by law and/or to the extent expressly required under the terms of an applicable license agreement, 6200 Productions and its contractors, vendors, partners, and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Neither 6200 Productions nor its contractors, vendors, or partners makes any warranty that the 6200 Productions website will be error-free or that access to the website will be continuous or uninterrupted.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Links to other websites are provided solely for your information. 6200 Production accepts no liability for and offers NO WARRANTY, express or implied, of the content, legality, appropriateness, or fitness for any purpose of any external website not owned and/or operated by 6200 Productions or its proprietor, Aaron Severson.
USE OF TRADEMARKS
Trade names, trademarks, and/or service marks mentioned on this site are used here for the purposes of identification, description, and/or commentary. Such marks remain the property of their respective owners. Except as otherwise expressly indicated, we have neither any affiliation or partnership with nor any endorsement by the holders of such marks, and no such affiliation, partnership, or endorsement is implied.
Any opinions expressed herein are solely those of 6200 Productions and its proprietor and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of any other party.
From time to time, 6200 Productions may run paid text or banner advertisements from various advertisers. Such paid advertisements, whether text links, banner ads, or in any other form, will be identified with words such as, as appropriate, “Sponsor,” “Sponsors,” “Sponsored Link(s),” “Sponsored Content,” “Advertisement,” “Advertisement(s),” or “Paid Promotion” (or by images or icons containing such words).
Except as otherwise explicitly indicated (e.g., in a review of a book or other product), references to, depictions of, or advertisements for products or services on the 6200 Productions website do not constitute our recommendation or endorsement of those products or services.
In the event that we receive financial compensation or any other consideration for any content presented on the site other than paid advertisements (e.g., if we receive a free copy of a book to review), the nature of that compensation will be disclosed as part of the applicable content and/or otherwise adjacent to it. (If the article or content is longer than one page, the relevant disclosure information will typically be presented on the final page.)
By posting a comment on the 6200 Productions website:
- You affirm that you are at least 18 years old. You may not leave a comment if you are younger than 18.
- You warrant and affirm that your comment and/or use of the comment system does not violate any applicable law or regulation or infringe the copyrights or any other rights (such as publicity rights) of any other person or entity.
- You grant us a limited, nonexclusive, royalty-free worldwide license to:
- Publish the comment and its contents (including the name or pseudonym you provide) on this website. Note that if the website’s “Recent Comments” widgets are enabled, your name/pseudonym and a link to your comment may also appear (along with other recent comments) in the “Recent Comments” box(es), which may be visible on the home page and other areas of the website as well as the specific post or page you commented on. The contents of published comments may also appear in search results of the website’s search function.
- Edit or redact the comment as we deem appropriate.
- Make copies of the comment and its contents for reference, backup, and/or other internal administrative purposes.
- You further authorize us to:
- Transmit the comment and its contents via email to the site administrator and, if applicable, to other users who have requested email notifications of replies or follow-up comments.
- Send you email notifications of replies or follow-up comments, if you specifically request such notifications (which you may discontinue upon request).
- Respond to your comment via the email address you supply. (Please note that we may respond via email in addition to or instead of publishing the comment on the 6200 Productions website, particularly if your comment includes a question or offer of assistance or if we have questions about any pertinent details — for example, if you have submitted two very similar comments, we might email you to ask which one you want us to publish.)
Comments are published on the site at our sole discretion. We do not guarantee that any comment posted will be published on the site and reserve the right to delete or unpublish a comment at any time for any reason, with or without notice. Comments may be screened prior to posting, to prevent spam, or to defuse contentious arguments.
We reserve the right to redact, edit, or otherwise modify a comment if:
- It exceeds the maximum length permitted by the comment system.
- Its content disrupts the formatting or functionality of the site.
- We believe it contains malicious code, spam, or abusive language directed at another user or individual, or may violate the rights of others.
Comments posted on this website do not necessarily represent the opinions of 6200 Productions, our web host and contributors, or our advertisers. The publication of a comment does NOT necessarily represent an endorsement, validation, or warranty of its contents.
When you submit a comment, you may have the option to request email notifications each time a reply or follow-up comment is posted. If you have previously requested such notifications and wish to stop receiving them, please contact us via email (to admin (at) 6200productions (dot) com), by using the Contact Form, or by leaving a comment elsewhere on the site asking us to discontinue the notifications and we will do so at our earliest opportunity.
If you would like to edit or remove any of your published comments, please let us know by leaving another comment, emailing us at admin (at) 6200productions (dot) com, or sending us a message via the Contact Form, specifying the comment(s) in question and explaining what you want us to do with them. (Please note that we may reply via email to clarify or confirm your request before making the change or deletion, especially if we aren’t sure exactly what you want us to do.)
Please note that if a comment is deleted from the website, archival copies of the original comment and its associated information may be retained in our records and/or backup files and archives created by us and/or our web host. Under certain rare circumstances — e.g., the restoration of the site from a backup file — a previously deleted comment may reappear. We will endeavor to promptly delete any such comments, but cannot guarantee it.
Technical problems, such as site backups or upgrades to the comment system, may occasionally result in the inadvertent deletion of recent comments. If you have a question about why a comment was deleted or not published, feel free to contact the site administrator. Again, 6200 Productions does not guarantee that any comment posted will be published.
6200 Productions accepts no liability for and offers no warranty, express or implied, of the accuracy, completeness, or fitness for any purpose of any comment or any website linked in a user comment. Any use of information in comments posted herein is solely at your own risk!
By using the Contact Form, and/or any other feedback forms we may offer:
- You affirm that you are at least 18 years old. We cannot respond to communications from persons under 18. Except as otherwise required by law, if we receive a communication from a person we know or reasonably suspect to be under the age of 18, we will promptly delete all copies of the message without acknowledging or responding to it. Except as otherwise required by law, privacy requests or questions pertaining to minor children should be submitted by a parent, guardian, or other authorized adult representative.
- You authorize us to transmit your message and its contents via email to the site administrator and to respond to your inquiry as appropriate via the email address or other contact information you provide. Please note that while we endeavor to respond to all legitimate inquiries, we cannot guarantee that you will receive a reply.
- You grant us a limited, nonexclusive, royalty-free worldwide license to make copies of your message and its contents for reference, backup, and/or other internal administrative purposes.
- LINKING AND HOTLINKING: You may post, publish, or otherwise share hyperlinks to this website or any individual post/page. However, you may not “hotlink” to any image, script, or other non-text element hosted on the 6200 Productions website. (For the avoidance of doubt, “hotlinking” means means causing an image or element hosted on or served by this website to be displayed or run on some external website or service — for example, posting an image tag on your own website or forum with an HREF element pointing to the image location at 6200productions.com would constitute hotlinking, but copying a public domain image from this site and uploading that image to your own website would not.) This does NOT apply to images or content that are not hosted on or served by 6200 Productions. The use or reuse of any script, font, image, embedded video or audio recording, or other content hosted on or served by an external website is subject to the terms and conditions of the hosting site and the applicable rights holder(s).
- TRANSLATION AND ACCESSIBILITY AIDS: You may use automatic translation software to translate any portion of the written content for your own personal use or reference or for the purposes of creating bibliographic citations in languages other than English. You are also free to use accessibility aids or software (such as screen readers or automated text-to-speech readers) in any reasonable manner for purposes of enabling you to access the site and read or view its content.
- PUBLIC DOMAIN CONTENT: If we have used any image or other content (such as a photograph) on this website that is in the public domain in your jurisdiction, you may copy and use that public domain image or content in any manner permitted by applicable law. (Please note that material that is in the public domain in the U.S. is not necessarily in the public domain elsewhere and vice versa.) Except as required by applicable law, we offer NO WARRANTY whatsoever with regard to any public domain material we publish or display on this website (whether modified or otherwise), including, without limitation, the accuracy or completeness of any associated copyright and other rights information. Any use of such material is entirely at your own risk.
- CONTENT USED UNDER LICENSE: If we have used any content (such as text or images) on this website under a Creative Commons or similar license (details of which will be noted within or adjacent to the applicable content), we cannot sub-license such content, but you are free to copy or use the licensed content in any manner allowed under the applicable license (or any other terms offered by the applicable rights holder), or as otherwise permitted by law. If we have adapted or modified such licensed content, you may assume that our adaptations and modifications are also offered under the specified license. Except as expressly required by the terms of the applicable license or otherwise required by law, we offer NO WARRANTY whatsoever with regard to any material used or offered under such a license, including, without limitation, the accuracy or completeness of any associated license, copyright, and other rights information. Any use of such material is entirely at your own risk.
- CONTENT OFFERED UNDER LICENSE: In the event we have explicitly offered some portion of the content on the site (for example, a specific post or page) under a Creative Commons or similar license — the details of which will be noted within or adjacent to the applicable content — you are free to copy or use that content in any manner permitted by the applicable license or otherwise allowed by law. Except as expressly required by the terms of the applicable license or otherwise required by law, we offer NO WARRANTY whatsoever with regard to any material used or offered under such a license, including, without limitation, the accuracy or completeness of any associated license, copyright, and other rights information. Any use of such material is entirely at your own risk.
- COMMENTS: Comments posted on the 6200 Productions website are the property of the people who originally posted those comments. Except as otherwise allowed by applicable law, if you wish to reprint or reuse a comment posted on this website by someone other than us, you will need to seek the permission of the original poster (or other applicable rights holder(s)). We cannot grant such permission, although if you obtain the permission of the original poster/rights holder(s) to reprint or reuse their comment, you do not need any additional permission from us unless you also wish to reprint our comments and/or other content owned by us (for instance, if you want to reprint a comment thread between us and one or more other site visitors). The same is true of photographs, images, or other non-text content in comments left by people other than us.
- ALL OTHER CONTENT: Except as specified above or otherwise allowed by applicable law, you may not copy, republish, repost, or otherwise redistribute any portion of the content from this website — other than brief quotations with appropriate attribution, and/or bibliographic citations — or publish or distribute translations of the content into other languages, without our prior written authorization or, for content not owned by us (e.g., a photo we have adapted with the express permission of the photographer), the authorization of the applicable rights holder. If the rights holder gives you permission to reuse that content (whether directly or under a Creative Commons or similar license), you do not need any additional permission from us to do so.
All other rights, including the right to use any logos, trademarks, or service marks on the 6200 Productions website, are reserved. For questions or permissions, please contact us via the Contact Form.
COPYRIGHT/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY VIOLATIONS
If you believe that any material on or linked to by the 6200 Productions website violates your copyright, please contact the proprietor, Aaron Severson, via email at admin (at) 6200productions (dot) com or by mail at 11100 National Bl. #3, Los Angeles, California 90064. Please be sure to include:
- Your legal name and contact information, including your email address.
- A detailed description of the applicable work(s).
- The location of the work(s) on the 6200 Productions website (including the URL and page number, as applicable).
- Your statement that:
- You are either the legal owner of the work or an authorized agent of such owner, and
- You have the good faith belief that the use of the applicable work is (1) not authorized by the owner of the work and (2) not otherwise permitted by law.
- Your signature, either physical or electronic.
We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
If the material in question was provided to us by a third party, you expressly authorize us to forward your claim to that third party.
6200 Productions will take reasonable efforts to terminate access to the website by a visitor who is determined to be a repeat infringer of copyrights or other intellectual property rights (e.g., by blocking the user’s IP address).
TERMINATION AND SEVERABILITY
If you wish to terminate this agreement, you may simply discontinue using the 6200 Productions website. 6200 Productions may terminate your access to any or all part of the website, with or without cause or notice, at any time.
These terms may be modified from time to time, at our sole discretion. Your continued use of and access to the site signifies your acceptance of any such modifications. If you disagree with the changes, you should stop using or accessing the 6200 Productions website.
However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the terms that were in place when the dispute arose.
- June 25, 2019: Updated the Reprint/Reuse Policy to clarify that creating bibliographic citations or properly attributed brief quotations is allowed.
- May 6, 2019: In the section of the preamble describing the version(s) Automattic terms we’ve adapted, changed “with some very minor portions of …” to “with some elements of …” Also changed two dashes to an em dash near the top of the page.
- April 28, 2019: Minor adjustment to Disclaimer of Warranties: Changed “as otherwise required by law or to the extent expressly required under …” to “as otherwise required by law and/or to the extent expressly required under …”
- April 9, 2019: Under Use of Trademarks, changed “we have no affiliation or partnership with” to “we have neither any affiliation or partnership with” for grammatical purposes. Changed the heading “Disclaimer of Warranty” to “Disclaimer of Warranties.”
- March 25, 2019: Under Use of Trademarks, changed “Except as otherwise explicitly indicated, we have no partnership with, relationship to, or endorsement by the holders of such marks, and no such partnership, relationship, or endorsement is implied” to “Except as otherwise expressly indicated, we have no affiliation or partnership with nor any endorsement by the holders of such marks, and no such affiliation, partnership, or endorsement is implied.” Under External Links, changed “owned and operated” to “owned and/or operated.”
- March 6, 2019: Updated the FTC Disclosure Notice: Paid Advertisements and Endorsements section to add “Paid Promotion” to the list of words that may be used to identify paid advertising or links. Changed the beginning of that sentence from “All such …” to “Such …”; changed “will be identified with the words …” to “will be identified with words such as, as appropriate, …”; and changed “or by images or icons containing those words” to “or by images or icons containing such words.”
- February 28, 2019: Added a new section, FTC Disclosure Notice: Paid Advertisements and Endorsements.
- February 22, 2019: Amended the language of the Comment Policy bullet point about email replies to make it a bit more concise.
- February 6, 2019: Amended the language about the Google Fonts API to also include Google Hosted Libraries. Amended the Comment Policy to revise and expand the language regarding responding to your comments via email, also consolidating it with the related bullet point for clarity.
- February 3, 2019: Under Reprint/Reuse Policy, made some minor adjustments to the examples listed in Accessibility and Translation.
- February 1, 2019: Fixed some typos, updated text styles, and edited link titles on this page for better accessibility.
- January 16, 2019: Clarified warranty disclaimer language in Reprint/Reuse Policy and changed “explicitly” to “directly” in the last bullet point. Fixed a typo on this list (the date of the prior modification was supposed to be 2019).
- January 13, 2019: Updated Reprint/Reuse Policy to clarify that you don’t need our permission to reuse content the applicable rights holder has authorized you to use.
- November 28, 2018: Clarified the Reprint/Reuse Policy by changing “copyright and rights information” to “copyright and other rights information” (with or without an Oxford comma) and (in the Comments bullet point) changing “reprint our comments …” to “reprint our comments and/or other content owned by us …” Changed “by the applicable Creative Commons or other license agreement” to “under the terms of the applicable Creative Commons or other license” and “adjacent to the applicable content” to “within or adjacent to the applicable content.
- November 27, 2018: Added “no warranty” disclaimers to the Reprint/Reuse Policy and added an “All Other Content” bullet point.
- November 15, 2018: Streamlined and clarified the preamble at the top of this page.
- October 22, 2018: Updated this page’s hyperlinks with “rel=noopener” or “noopener noreferrer” attributes for security purposes.
- October 16, 2018: Updated the preamble text to emphasize that we’re based in the U.S., rearranging the paragraph order slightly for clarity. Minor clarification to the text of Governing Law. Minor text formatting change.
- September 29, 2018: Updated Comment Policy to note that published comments may appear in search results of the website’s search function.
- September 28, 2018: Updated and clarified/streamlined Comment Policy, adding additional information about email notifications and modifying/deleting comments.
- September 26, 2018: Clarified Comment Policy text about the Recent Comments widgets (including noting that there is more than one such widget).
- September 17, 2018: Clarified some of the wording of the Contact Form Policy.
- September 5, 2018: Changed the heading of Contact Policy to Contact Form Policy.
- August 31, 2018: Changed Copyright/Intellectual Property Violations contact email to admin (at) 6200productions (dot) com.
- August 29, 2018: Updated Comment Policy to note that comments you submit may appear in the Recent Comments area. Added a subsection on comments to the Reprint/Reuse Policy.
- August 25, 2018: Updated Use of Trademarks to include service marks and changed subsequent references in that section to trademarks to just “marks.”
- July 14, 2018: Further adjustments to preamble wording.
- July 4, 2018: Clarified Contact Policy by amending “respond to your inquiry as appropriate via the email address you provide” to “respond to your inquiry as appropriate via the email address or other contact information you provide.”
- May 23, 2018: Streamlined Comment Policy and Comment and Email Communication Policy, renaming the latter “Contact Policy.”
- May 22, 2018: Updated http links to https as applicable.
- May 10, 2018: Changed age restrictions from 13 to 16.
- May 29, 2016: Amended Comment Policy: changed “to make copies of the comment and its content for routine backup or other internal administrative purposes …” –> “to make copies of the comment and its contents for routine backup or other internal administrative purposes; and to transmit the comment and its contents via email to the site administrator and, if your comment was in reply to a comment posted by another user, to the user who posted the original comment to which you replied.” Also amended Contact Form and Email Communication Policy: changed “… to record and/or make copies of your message for our internal reference and for routine backup or other internal administrative purposes” –> “… to make copies of your message and its contents for our internal reference and for routine backup or other internal administrative purposes, and to transmit your message and its contents via email to the site administrator.” Corrected typographical error in recent revision list.
- May 15, 2016: Added Contact Form and Email Communication Policy section. Clarified that 6200 Productions may make copies of comments or form submissions for routine backup or other internal administrative purposes.
- March 11, 2016: Deleted text regarding modified/adapted images from the “PUBLIC DOMAIN MATERIAL” section of the Reprint/Reuse Policy. Corrected “LINKING AND HYPERLINKING” to “LINKING AND HOTLINKING,” which is how that subheading was supposed to read.
- February 14, 2016: Added navigational anchor for Comment Policy section.
- February 1, 2016: Clarified recent revision list, added version date for Automattic TOS to attribution section.
- January 26, 2016: Corrected a typographical error in the Public Domain section of the Reprint/Reuse Policy: “has been modified or adapted by use” –> “has been modified or adapted by us”
- January 19, 2016: Clarified the Reprint/Reuse Policy by changing “material” to “content” throughout.
- January 17, 2016: Clarified Public Domain Material section of Reprint/Reuse Policy: “We impose no conditions on such reuse” –> “We impose no conditions on such reuse (other than any conditions that applicable law may expressly require)”.
- January 16, 2016: Added note to the Reprint/Reuse Policy clarifying that our modifications or adaptations of public domain images may be freely copied and used.
- January 13, 2016: Added note to preamble clarifying that variations in text style have no legal significance. Editorial corrections to past revision list.
- January 11, 2016: Made additional clarifications and editorial changes to Reprint/Reuse Policy regarding hotlinking and use of licensed material.
- January 6, 2016: Clarified previous revision information. ETA: Added Google API ToS information to General Representations section.
- December 31, 2015: Clarification of Reprint/Reuse Policy regarding reuse of licensed content. Clarified licensing language.
- December 29, 2015: Editorial corrections. Clarified that this entire policy is available under CC BY-SA 4.0 and clarified licensing language. Added “except as otherwise required by law or to the extent expressly required under the terms of an applicable license agreement” to Disclaimer of Warranty. In Reprint/Reuse Policy paragraph 5, changed “original” to “licensed.”
- December 28, 2015: Added note about Automattic revision history. Editorial corrections. Clarified licensing language.
- December 25, 2015: Editorial corrections.
- December 24, 2015: Added link to Automattic Inc. main site. Clarified hotlinking policy.
- December 23, 2015: Editorial corrections.
- December 22, 2015: Updated Reprint/Reuse Policy; editorial changes; added more detailed recent revisions information. Clarified licensing language.
- December 21, 2015: Clarification of Reprint/Reuse Policy. Clarified licensing language.
- December 13, 2015: Added note explicitly allowing use of accessibility tools.
- August 24, 2015: Extensive update based on the Automattic Inc. TOS language noted above (version dated 30 June 2015). Added new preamble; new Limitation of Liability, Governing Law, and Termination and Severability sections; revised General Representations language; retitled No Warranty to Disclaimer of Warranty with revised language; added note to Revisions section regarding disputes and changes of version. Reorganized and revised Comment Policy for greater clarity. Various minor wording and editorial changes throughout. Added BY-SA 4.0 licensing.
Please contact us if you need information on earlier revisions.